The website for public discussion of draft laws developed with the support of the USAID RADA and the Computerized Systems Department of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine has been recently presented. Today everyone can join a constructive discussion of the draft laws.
The website for public discussion of draft laws is one of the resources of the web portal of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, which aims to attract citizens to the legislative process through reviewing, commenting and making suggestions to the draft laws that are proposed for discussion online.
Why the platform is important for the Parliament?
- One of the tools of involving citizens in the legislative process
- The opportunity to obtain competent comments from professionals that are working in a specific field
- The study of public opinion on certain legislative initiatives
Why the platform is important to the public?
- A tool of interaction with the Parliament and direct participation in the legislative process
- The ability to influence public policy and decision-making process
- Expert support to issues, the settlement of which is proposed by a specific draft law
All stakeholders are encoureged to invite the committees of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine to put the draft laws up for public discussion or join in the commenting on them as a whole or their separate articles.
The website for public discussion of draft laws is developed in response to recommendations by the European Parliament on reform of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine with the aim of improving its institutional capacity and broad public involvement in the legislative process.
- Human rights defenders will promote effective integration of ATO participants at the community level
- Video tutorials to combat discrimination for Ukrainian students
- Verkhovna Rada adopted draft law on mediation
- Resource centre for local democracy development starts working in Zakarpattya
- Catch me if you can: now Ukrainians can report online about lies in declarations of officials (infographics)