On January 25, 2017 in Bila Tserkva a training for employees of local centers providing free secondary legal aid and Legal Aid Bureau office in Kyiv region on the theme: "Providing legal aid to ATO participants and their families: current issues, problems and ways of their solution" was held.
The event was organized by Bila Tserkva office of Legal Development Network, created at Bila Tserkva NGO "Legal Unity" in the framework of the Project "Support to the participants of the LCC Network in the direction of strengthening the legal capacities of vulnerable populations and the introduction of mediation" with the financial support of International Renaissance Foundation.
The event was opened by Viktor Kikkas, head of the Department to ensure quality legal aid of the Regional Center for free secondary legal aid in the Kyiv region and Oksana Siryk, Director of Bila Tserkva local center for free secondary legal aid, who emphasized the need of such training for employees of local centres and Legal Aid Bureau offices.
The trainers were Anastasia Kornienko, lawyer, coordinator of the legal aid hotlines of NGO "Legal Hundred" and Maryna Lysych, lawyer of Bila Tserkva NGO "Legal Unity".
The training participants. Photo by Legal Unity.
During the training they considered the following questions that are important for practical work with military personnel, ATO participants and members of their families:
- Rights and state guarantees of ATO participants and their families: current issues and analysis of the most common problems.
- Solutions to issues related to ensuring the rights of ATO participants and members of their families.
- Features of advising ATO participants.
- Professional burnout: how to avoid it?
The participants actively participated in discussions, shared experiences from their own practice.
The training took place with the support of Regional Center for free secondary legal aid in the Kyiv region, Bila Tserkva local centre for secondary legal aid, Bila Tserkva NGO "Legal Unity", Legal Development Network with the financial support of International Renaissance Foundation.
- Kherson developer illegally denies housing
- Україна просить Росію приєднатися до пошуку зниклих безвісти в ОРДЛО
- Можновладці, не розуміючи закону, виходять за межі своїх повноважень
- Держава заплатить мешканці Слов’янська за знищене під час АТО житло майже 364 тисяч гривень
- Natalia Bimbirayte headed the Legal Development Network