On December 14, 2016 training for work with ATO participants was held on the basis of Chuhuiv office of Legal Development Network at Chuhuiv human rights group.
These people were defending Ukraine from aggression in the East of our country. Today many of them need protection and first of all – the legal one. Chuhuiv human rights group organized the training event just to share experience in defending and restoring the rights of ATO participants, elaborate effective mechanisms for their counseling, psychological aspects of such activities.
34 participants were involved– employees of local centers and the Bureau offices to provide free secondary legal aid in the Kharkiv region, representatives of military units and NGOs providing legal aid to participants of the antiterrorist operation.
The episode of the workshop. Photo by Yuriy Chumak, ChHRG.
The trainers were professional experts who have considerable experience with the military personnel, including ATO participants: Chairman of the Chuhuiv human rights group Orysia Pekarenina and a senior analyst at ChHRG, lawyer Roman Likhachev.
During the event the following questions important for practical activities with the target audience were discussed:
- Features of the work and communication with ATO participants. Personality types and methods of work in accordance with the type;
- Features of full-time and part-time counseling ATO participants;
- Burnout: prevention and methods of overcoming.
Lawyer Roman Likhachev and the participant, a psychologist of the 92nd separate mechanized brigade Andriy Gurenko. Photo by Yuriy Chumak, ChHRG.
The certain bonus for participants was screening and discussion of the film "The Soldier’s Song" from the repertoire of Docudays UA, which was organized at the end of the training by the regional coordinator of the Festival in the Kharkiv region, the Deputy Chairman of ChHRG Yuriy Chumak.
- Статус учасника бойових дій: що робити, коли тебе ігнорують?
- Україна просить Росію приєднатися до пошуку зниклих безвісти в ОРДЛО
- Можновладці, не розуміючи закону, виходять за межі своїх повноважень
- Держава заплатить мешканці Слов’янська за знищене під час АТО житло майже 364 тисяч гривень
- 1 за 3: як нараховуються пенсії військовим, які служать в АТО