Since the beginning of April 2017, HIV-infected IDPs, IDPs with hepatitis and tuberculosis, currently living in Luhansk, have the opportunity to receive qualified legal aid from lawyers of NGO "Public Legal Aid Service", GURT informs.
People can seek help from lawyers in the cities of Severodonetsk and Rubizhne.
The lawyers of the organization provide HIV-infected IDPs with the following list of services:
- Advising on legal issues,
- Legal support for HIV-infected IDPs, IDPs with hepatitis and tuberculosis;
- Protection of the rights and representation of HIV-infected IDPs, IDPs with hepatitis and tuberculosis in the authorities and courts;
- Counseling and aid in processing the necessary documents for treatment, social assistance, temporary housing, employment, etc.
The activities are organized within the framework of the implementation of the grant provided by the Council of Europe Project "Strengthening the protection of the human rights of internally displaced persons in Ukraine".
The material was published as part of the special media project "Information for Conscious Actions: Hear the Voice of the Victims of the Conflict in Eastern Ukraine", implemented by the GURT Resource Center with the support of the US Embassy's Media Development Fund in Ukraine. The views of the authors do not necessarily coincide with the official position of the US government.
- Lawyers helped the IDP prove the status of the unemployed
- In Chernihiv IDPs made business plans
- Adaptation of IDPs in communities was discussed in Donetsk region
- The Ombudsman upholds the right of IDPs to receive payments not only in the Oshchadbank
- Labor experience “faded away”: a retiree argued that he really worked in Luhansk