GK News 2 - шаблон joomla Видео
Log in
How IDPs can obtain social assistance for housing and utilities

Consultation the lawyers of Severodonetsk Office of the Legal Development Network provided to residents of Luhansk is a sequence of actions for IDPs who wish to draw benefits for housing and communal services.

Maryna Fedorchenko* addressed the Office in the NGO "Civic Platform" for clarification. The woman told that she had moved to Severodonetsk from the territory not controlled by Ukraine. She wanted to know whether she is eligible for social assistance for housing and utilities.

The lawyer of the Office Serhii Boldar explained that the issue of benefits is based on the algorithm of the following actions.

“First of all, the woman had to register with the immigration service as an internally displaced person in accordance with paragraph 3 of the Resolution of KMU No. 505 dd 01.10.2014”, said the lawyer.

Then we have a step by step instruction for internally displaced persons, who execute privileges on housing and communal services:

Cash assistance to persons who moved is assigned to the family and provided to one of its members, confirmed by the written consent of the arbitrary form on payment of cash assistance to that person from other family members (hereinafter - the authorized representative of the family) in the following sizes:

  • Incapacitated persons (pensioners, children) – 884 UAH per person (a family member);
  • Disabled persons – the subsistence minimum for persons incapacitated;
  • Able-bodied persons – 442 UAH per person (a family member).

2. The total amount of assistance per family is calculated as the sum of the amount of aid for each family member and may not exceed 2 400 UAH.

3. If the family composition has changed, the allowance is recalculated from the month following the month of occurrence of such changes at the request of the authorized representative of the family or information of the competent authority.

4. For the purpose of financial assistance for the following 6-month period the authorized representative of the family shall submit a statement to the authorized body or institution of the authorized bank, which reports changes that affect the purpose of the cash assistance, and submit references of all family members on registration of internally displaced persons.

5. According to paragraph 6 of the Resolution of KMU No. 505 dd 01.10.2014, cash assistance is not granted in case when:

Any family member owns a dwelling located in regions other than the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine, ATO areas and the settlements located on the line of contact;

Any family member has funds at a bank account in the amount exceeding 10-fold size of subsistence minimum established for able-bodied persons.

*The name is changed for ethical reasons.

P.S. Offices of the Legal Development Neetwork are created and work with the financial support of Human Rights and Justice Program Initiative of International Renaissance Foundation. You can learn more about activity of Network, basics and principles of work on Legal Space website.

The opinion of the International Renaissance Foundation cannot coincide with the point of view of authors of publication.

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.