Two teenagers applied to the office of the Legal Development Network at Kamenets-Podolsky Lawyers Association. Minor Pavlo, born in 1998, and Marina, born in 1999, applied with a request to register the marriage. The local office of the civil registration denied the request until they reach the marriageable age.
Pavlo and Marina told about their serious intentions to create a family. They assured lawyers of their love to each other and confirmed that they were expecting the birth of a child.
The lawyers explained Pavlo the procedure. As he hasn’t reached the age of majority, only the court can provide the right to marriage. The lawyers helped the newlyweds make a statement.
Recently Kamenetz-Podolsk district court allowed the claim. Pavlo and Marina could apply for the marriage registration to the Civil Registry Office.
According to the norms of the Civil Code of Ukraine, the person who has reached the marriageable age has the right to marriage. According to article 22 of the Civil Code of Ukraine, the marriage age is set at 18. A person under the specified age, if he is 16, has the right to apply to the court with the statement for granting the permission for marriage. The application can be allowed by the court in that case, if it is proved that the marriage is in the interests of the person.
- The Ombudsman upholds the right of IDPs to receive payments not only in the Oshchadbank
- Return with interest: how the old man collected his savings through the court
- You inherited a house without documents: what to do (+ presentation)
- A father will pay alimony to his 18-years-old daughter-student
- Pensioner sued a rude driver for 13 thousand UAH for material and moral damage