This is the case when judges are not to blame: justice was on the side of the victim.
On March 17 the lawyer of Chuhuiv Law Community Centredefended a woman's right to accommodation in a hostel, from where she was going to be evicted by the state enterprise "Malyshev Plant" on very questionable grounds.
Despite the court's decision, the company decided to leave the woman without a roof over her head and appealed to court.
But the victim of the violation again addressed Chuhuiv human rights group, where she was provided with free professional legal assistance. Recently the court of appeal in Kharkiv region unchanged the operative part of the decision of the court of first instance, thus preserving her right to housing.
The opinion of the International Renaissance Foundation cannot coincide with the point of view of authors of publication.
- Roma should be seen as a powerful force, not as a problem
- Loschynivka Village Council won anti-award "Discriminator of the Year"
- Chernihiv: obtaining social aid with support of lawyers
- Human rights defenders will promote effective integration of ATO participants at the community level
- School of Roma Activist will work in Lviv (+ applicant's profile)