Lawyer Iryna Latysh (on the left) and program director of ULAF Antonina Bondarenko (on the right) are talking to visitors of volunteer point
Over 100 soldiers visit daily a volunteer point of aid to ATO participants at the Southern Station in Kyiv. Some people are going to ATO zone, others are coming back home. They can drink tea, wait for the train, talk to other combatants, charge their mobile phones, read some useful literature at the recreation point.
Almost everyone has a question concerning legal and psychological aid. Unfortunately, due to lack of information soldiers do not know who and where to ask for help. Colleagues from Ukrainian Legal Aid Foundation equipped a legal service station at the entrance to the volunteer point. Twice a week (each Wednesday and Friday during the second half of a day) they will organize consultations for soldiers with lawyers, human rights activists, psychologists. The schedule of these meetings complies with the train schedule in the eastern direction. That’s the real help to defenders of the Fatherland.
Photo from ULAF archive
- Chernihiv: obtaining social aid with support of lawyers
- "This pain is living in me": commemorating victims of the Roma Genocide in Babi Yar (photo, video)
- The conference of the Roma Education Fund brought together young people from three countries (video)
- The story of a blind pensioner: the first and successful step to free legal aid
- The woman after the prison argued that she "exists"