From the right Anna Martynyuk, Volodymyr Orlovskiy and Vasyl Kasianov
The demand for free legal aid online is growing. In July 208 dialogues of lawyers of Community Law Centers network with the website users were registered in Legal Space chat room. New challenges require a rapid response. On August 1-2 the portal team and lawyers from Lviv, Kovel, Chernihiv and Kherson gathered in Skadovsk to discuss the above challenges.
The agenda contained the following questions:
- Convenience of updated chat room for users and duty lawyers;
- Schedule of coordination of duties and replacements;
- Attraction of partners for the purpose of improving the speed of response to requests;
- Standards of consulting and preparation of answers to questions during off-hours.
- Despite the amount of work planned , it was easy for us to work. Because the invited lawyers have been providing online consultation for one and a half years already, are perfectly aware of the specifics of the work and much interested in promoting the service - Coordinator of IRC “Legal Space” Anna Martynyuk says.
- We’ve gathered just in time – Head of IRC “Legal Space” Natalya Bimbirayte noted. - Popularity of the chat room tends to grow, especially after the launch of the mobile website-based app for Android.
Participants agreed to work out the mechanisms of redirection of concurrent subscribers in the nearest time, as well as to attract new lawyers of Community Law Centers network to the work in chat on issues that come up during off-hours.
The workshop is conducted by IRC “Legal Space” within the framework of “Legal Empowerment of the Poor” Programme Initiative with the financial support of Human Rights and Justice Program Initiative of International Renaissance Foundation and Charles Stewart Mott Foundation.
- Chernihiv: obtaining social aid with support of lawyers
- A 23-year old Roma woman from Kherson oblast will receive her first identity document
- The bank blocked the account: how the client restored access to child benefits
- Fingerprints of children were taken in Kovel for the sake of safety
- The story of a blind pensioner: the first and successful step to free legal aid