During February and March 2017, experts from Sloviansk Office of the Legal Development Network under the Agency for Democratic Development of Donbass conducted the study "Problems of security in the community: what are residents of Donetsk region most concerned about?"
Within the framework of the event, focus groups were organized in the cities of Kramatorsk and Sloviansk, field studies of infrastructure objects were conducted and citizens were questioned.
- Among the main urban security problems, residents distinguish the following:
- Unlit parks and abandoned buildings in the city center;
- Disturbing public calm near houses at night;
- A large number of homeless animals;
- Idle traffic lights and their lack at important intersections;
- Lack of repair of roads in remote districts of the city.
In order to establish police and community cooperation with the aim of solving security problems, local residents offer the following actions:
- Police officers should cooperate with city dwellers so that they feel protected;
- To increase pedestrian patrolling, which would facilitate contacts with ordinary policemen to resolve security problems;
- To organize events in schools and higher educational institutions to make the younger generation trust in the new police.
The full version of the research results can be found at the link.
- Kherson developer illegally denies housing
- Natalia Bimbirayte headed the Legal Development Network
- Mediation in Ukrainian schools: plans and achievements
- How to protect your life. Algorithms for actions in dangerous situations
- Are you going to defend Ukraine? Do not hesitate to notify your bank-creditor