On June 9, representatives of the Board, expert councils of program initiatives and regional representations of International Renaissance Foundation, together with the heads of program initiatives and the Foundation Administration, held a strategic planning meeting.
During the meeting, they discussed socio-political changes that will affect the work of the Foundation in 2017 and identified the thematic priorities of the Foundation for 2018.
Such large-scale strategic planning meetings take place annually. This allows adapting the work of the Renaissance Foundation to the changing context within Ukraine and understanding the impact of best practices and projects supported by the Foundation, beyond its borders, in the Eurasian region. This year's strategic meeting has become especially important for the Foundation to develop a well-balanced position in the community, as civil society has faced new challenges in the complicated process of reforming the country.
According to Oleksandr Sushko, the chair of the International Renaissance Foundation, the context in which the Foundation operates today is complicated.
"There are no simple solutions and simplified models. We are now seeing the heterogeneity of civil society. There are discussions in it within the triangle: human rights, development, security. Culture, including culture of decision-making and culture of dialogue can solved these problems", noted Oleksandr Sushko.
In the following years, the Foundation will pay particular attention to the development of public policy - a process that is appropriate for democratic states in the decision-making process. Therefore, one of the key tasks of the Foundation will be to increase public participation in implementing key reforms: decentralization, administrative reform, anti-corruption, reform of the health care system, law enforcement, justice and education.
"The Foundation, not one of the first, in the 90's noted the importance of public policy in Ukraine and supported the public initiatives that have contributed to this process. Over the past three years, since the Revolution of Dignity, the role of civil society, in particular think tanks, has grown significantly in state-level decision-making. Due to the participation of independent experts, the legislative and executive branches of government have got a chance to gain more openness and publicity. The Foundation will promote the dissemination of public policy culture as a basis for administrative reform and increase citizens' participation in democratic governance at all levels in order to reform the country. This is one of the important challenges for us, which includes tasks for 2017-2018, including the development of think tanks in the regions and the conscious participation of citizens in local self-governance, decentralization reform”, said Yevhen Bystrytskyi, Executive Director of the International Renaissance Foundation .
In 2017-2018, the Foundation will continue to work towards the achievement of two interrelated strategic goals - to ensure a well-functioning mechanism for the protection of human rights and to promote public participation in the implementation of reforms - within the framework of six program initiatives: "Human rights and justice", "Democratic practice", European Program Initiative, Public Health, Roma Program Initiative, "Civic Initiatives of a New Ukraine".
The thematic priorities of the Foundation in these years will be:
- prevention and counteraction to human rights violations;
- facilitating access to justice and legal aid
- improvement of quality of public policy;
- counteracting corruption;
- increase of transparency and accountability of authorities to society;
- promotion of effective anti-discrimination legislation and practice in Ukraine;
- public support and monitoring of the implementation of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU;
- promoting the formation of an economically efficient and non-discriminatory health care system;
- development of Roma youth leadership;
- development of public spaces for public activity;
- support of social adaptation of ATO veterans;
- cultural diplomacy for civic dialogue, understanding and reconciliation in Ukraine;
- promoting the reform of education and the development of inclusive education.
- «Форум ромської молоді відкрив для мене волонтерство» (фото)
- Форум ромської молоді-2018: чим надихалися і чому навчалися (фото, відео)
- Форум ромської молоді-2108: на старт, увага!..
- На Docudays UA презентували «Сім історій успішних ромських жінок» (фото, відео)
- Третій Форум ромської молоді: реєстрацію відкрито!